|December 14, 2011||Filled under Deals/Discounts, Food Joy, Recipes, Savings Joy|
One of the topics that we discussed at the #2011HolidayHelp Twitter party is holiday entertaining. Erin Chase from $5 Dollar Dinners has written a simple holiday entertaining guide to help you be the best hostess or guest during this holiday season. This guide is the antidote to every other holiday entertaining guide out there, and it’s packed with the same help and love you get from $5 Dinners everyday.
You’re going to love chapters about:
- How much should you budget for your holiday meal
- What things must you include and what can you leave out
- Tips to outsmart the grocery stores and get the most value for your coupons
- The perfect plan to have everything cooked using only one oven
- How to turn your leftovers into more amazing meals the next day
Plus there are 30 simple recipes, from side dish to main dish, dessert to appetizer, that will not disappoint your guests or drain your budget. There are also some FREE bonus downloads!
EXCLUSIVE COUPON: This book normally costs $3.99, but you will save $3.00 when you use our exclusive coupon code HOLIDAYHELP at checkout through tomorrow, December 15th, making it only $0.99!
Disclosure: This post may include affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for additional information.
Review/Giveaway!: Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Traditional Brownie Mix Prize Pack – Ends 10/10 @ 9 pm CST
|October 4, 2011||Filled under Food Joy, Recipes, Reviews/Giveaways|
What can I say about milk chocolate brownies, other than that they are yummy? I am not the cook in this house, but Betty Crocker’s Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix was easy enough for even me to make!
I am happy to give one (1) My Joy My World reader a Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Traditional Brownie Mix Prize Pack, which includes:
- Betty Crocker apron
- Cookie sheet
- Mixing spoon
Disclosure: The product, information, and prize pack have been provided by Betty Crocker through MyBlogSpark.
Entries will be accepted through Monday, October 10th, at 9:00 pm CST.
To enter to win, leave a comment below for each of the following that you do:
- Subscribe to My Joy My World’s email newsletter.
- “Like” My Joy My World on Facebook.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook (tag @My Joy My World in your post, and include the link in your comment).
- Follow My Joy My World on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway: #GIVEAWAY: I want to win a @BettyCrocker brownie mix prize pack provided through #MyBlogSpark from @MyJoyMyWorld! Ends 10/10, 9 pm CST. http://bit.ly/nbBy53
- Email 3 friends about this giveaway (cc: email@example.com).
- Share this giveaway on your website or blog (include the link to the post in your comment).
- Grab My Joy My World’s button from the right sidebar, and add it to your website or blog (include the url to your site in your comment).
- Answer 1 or both of the following questions: 1). What special occasion do you plan on making Betty Crocker’s Milk Chocolate Brownies for? 2). What special touches do you add to your brownies?
**Open to US residents age 18+. Each comment will count as its own entry into the giveaway. The more entries you complete, the better chance you have of winning! Duplicate entries will be deleted. 1 winner will be randomly selected from all entries received by Monday, October 10th, at 9:00 pm CST and will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. All of the opinions expressed are my own and true.
|August 21, 2011||Filled under Food Joy, Recipes|
Have you heard of HouseParty.com? It’s a website that allows you to apply to host parties in order to try out certain products. You fill out a survey for them to see if you’re a fit to host a party for the product, and if you’re chosen, they send you the products for FREE, as well as tips on activities and other things to do during your party. It’s a ton of FUN! By sharing the products with your friends and family, you’re getting the word out about the product. All that they ask in return is that you post pictures, videos, and reactions from your guests on your House Party party page (anyone can apply to host a House Party).
I was chosen to host a Thai Kitchen® Deliciously Different BBQ House Party, which I held last week. The food was so good that one of our friends had 5 plates full of food!
- Thai Kitchen® Lite Coconut Milk
- Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- Thai Kitchen® Red Curry Paste
- Thai Kitchen® Roasted Red Chili Paste
- Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- Thai Kitchen® Peanut Satay Sauce
- Thai Kitchen® Thai Chili & Ginger Dipping & All Purpose Sauce
- Thai Kitchen® Pineapple & Chili Dipping & All Purpose Sauce
- Thai Kitchen® Spicy Thai Mango Dipping & All Purpose Sauce
- Thai Kitchen® Spicy Thai Chili Dipping & All Purpose Sauce
- Thai Kitchen® Sweet Red Chili Dipping & All Purpose Sauce
- Simply Asia® Ginger Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
- Simply Asia® General Tso Stir-Fry Sauce
I am not the cook of the house, but I am so lucky to have my husband, who is an AWESOME cook! Here’s what he made with the sauces and some other ingredients he used:
Ginger Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps
- Ground beef stir fried in Ginger Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
- Dipped in Spicy Thai Mango Dipping & All Purpose Sauce
Fiery Thai Mango & Peach Salsa on Roasted Chili Flank Steak
- Salsa: lime juice with Sweet Red Chili Dipping & All Purpose Sauce with diced mangoes and peaches
- Steak: Roasted Red Chili Paste
Broccoli & Sprout Salad
- Sweet Red Chili Dipping & All Purpose Sauce
Chicken Satay BBQ Sticks
- Coconut Milk
- Premium Fish Sauce
- Red Curry Paste
- Peanut Satay Sauce
Kung Pao KC BBQ Wings
- 1:1 ratio of Simply Asia King Pao Pack & KC BBQ Sauce
*My husband had this idea, and really wanted to make it, so he bought the sauces on his own.
After we ate, we ended up playing Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It, which I have from a Hasbro Game Night House Party that I hosted earlier this year. The big winner was my husband, but he totally deserved it, not only for knowing probably useless trivia, but also for cooking a WONDERFUL meal!
If you’d like more detailed recipes for what we served at our Thai Kitchen® Deliciously Different BBQ House Party, let me know by leaving a comment below.
If you’re interested in applying to host a House Party, head over to HouseParty.com. The parties they have available to apply for right now are:
- 2011 PlayStation® Monthly Online Rewards Program
- Freeze & Shake Frozen Cocktails Island Spirit House Party
- Be the Chef with Chef Boyardee
- Johnsonville® Pizza Possibilities House Party
|August 17, 2011||Filled under Coupons, Food Joy, Recipes, Savings Joy|
COFFEE ICE CREAM MARTINIS
Moisten the rim of a chilled martini glass with water, and coat it with grated chocolate. Combine the following ingredients in a cocktail shaker:
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup softened Starbucks Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 cup ice cubes (about 6-8)
Shake the mixture, and strain it into 2 martini glasses.
VANILLA BEAN PARFAITS
Layer the following ingredients in a parfait glass or large wine goblet:
- Cubed, store-bought pound cake
- Sliced strawberries
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino Ice Cream
- Chocolate syrup
Top with whipped cream.
JAVA CHIP SANDWICHES
- Remove the lid from a pint of Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino Ice Cream, and carefully cut through the carton with a serrated knife to make 4 even slices.
- Peel off the carton from each slice.
- Arrange 4 pizzelle cookies on a platter, layer a slice of ice cream on each cookie, and top each with another pizzelle cookie.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
If you’re going out to buy some Starbucks Ice Cream at the grocery store, make sure to bring these coupons with you (you’ll have to fill out a short form to get each coupon):
My favorite Starbucks Ice Cream flavor is Java Chip Frappuccino! What’s your favorite? Leave me a comment below
|May 31, 2011||Filled under Food Joy, Recipes|
I recently celebrated my 30th birthday, so my family was nice enough to throw me a party! My husband and I ordered some food for the party from a restaurant nearby, but imagine my look of disappointment when they said they couldn’t make one of my favorite desserts Luckily, my husband loves me so much that he let me look up the recipe online while we were at the grocery store so we could get the ingredients to try to make the dessert.
The dish is called Biko, which is a Filipino sweet rice cake made with coconut milk, sugar, and a caramel coconut milk topping. Honestly, I really don’t like coconut much, but Biko is DELICIOUS! Walking through the grocery store, the only recipes I could find searching online on my phone called for squeezing the coconut milk out of 2 coconuts. Apparently my husband doesn’t love me that much , so this is how we made it (serves 24)…
- 1 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
- 4 cups of sweet rice
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
To make the rice cake:
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees.
- Boil the sweet rice in the coconut milk mixed with 1 1/2 can of water in a pot on medium heat. Constantly stir the mixture to prevent the rice from burning.
- When the rice is cooked and almost dry (about 20 minutes), lower the heat and add the butter and sugar.
- Mix well and take the pot off the heat.
- Once the mixture is cool, mix in the eggs.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a well-buttered large Pyrex dish.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 2 (14 oz) cans of condensed milk
- 1 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
- About 4 tbsp of flour for thickening
To make and add the topping:
- Combine the condensed milk and coconut milk into a saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in the flour, and continue stirring until the sauce thickens (about 20 minutes).
- Once the rice cake is finished baking, take the dish out of the oven, and increase the heat of the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the topping evenly over the rice cake.
- Place the dish back into the oven and bake until the topping is brown (about 30 minutes).